The situation around the world is not optimistic recently, after four years of epidemic. Wars also broke out in some parts of the world. For example, the well-known conflict in Russia and Ukraine has lasted for two years so far. Of course, the recent raging war in Gaza has also attracted much attention. Just last week there was a protest march at our school. I also witnessed the persecution of the people of Gaza in short videos. Therefore, my empathy for them also fueled my interest in the context of this conflict. So I searched online and found a video. This video uses a combination of pictures and text to explain to the audience the difficult living conditions of the Jews throughout history. It also shows the determination of the Arabs to protect their territory. After watching this video, I deeply realized the cruelty and helplessness of war. I also realize that both sides in this conflict have their own reasons for fighting. The video blogger told us this story in a relaxed tone. So I didn’t feel depressed or sad. It is more of an exploration of the causes of conflicts in history and modern society. Every video image and audio interaction makes me more impressed. Short video lengths and relaxed voiceovers won’t make viewers feel bored. He deeply attracted my sight and hearing and made me understand the cause of this conflict in a relaxed state.

Twine

After creating a intereact story through twine, I felt deeply involved in the story. I am more like the protagonist of this story. Every choice I make affects the direction of the story. This is definitely a very efficient and interesting way to learn. I came across a similar interactive video a few months ago. The protagonist is a former Soviet agent. He was performing missions in other countries (stealing missile development secrets). I can make choices at the end of each little snippet. This will affect the direction of the entire plot. Without realizing it, I inserted myself into the story. Therefore, the combination of pictures and text also impressed me deeply.